Child Safety Tips
by Pritchett-Moore Insurance
May 15, 2018, 7:00pm
As a parent, it’s normal to worry about your child’s well-being whenever they aren’t by your side. While no device or strategy can keep your children safe 100 percent of the time, the following tips can reduce their risk of harm:
- Ensure your child knows their name as well as your phone number and address. This is vital in case of an emergency or if your child becomes lost.
- Know where your children are and who they are with at all times. Make sure that they return home promptly at set times.
- Explain the concept of a stranger to your children and tell them that strangers may not look scary but can hurt them. Inform your children’s school when someone other than you is going to pick them up.
- Be aware of your child’s activities on the internet and remind them that personal information shouldn’t be given out to strangers online.
- Set boundaries related to where your children can and can’t go without you.
- Show your children the nearest help and information centers, emergency stations, and police stations. Instruct them to go to these places or call 911 in an emergency.
- Instruct your children to avoid common household hazards.